Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Bead Bracelets

During the school year I was right on top of preparing a fresh and healthy breakfast for the kids every morning. As the summer has progressed on I've gotten more and more lenient about what can be classified as breakfast. Most mornings I've been able to pass off a banana or a bowl of yogurt as this most important meal. (Although I have those dark days too... like the one morning I let the kids open a box of crackers for breakfast.) But this morning I decided to get on top of it again and make a hot meal. Whole wheat pancakes (with white chocolate chips) was the winner.

While I was cooking them up my son busied himself at the table with a container of beads. By the time the kids were done eating and I sat down to eat he had already finished a bracelet.


Here's a tip: If the kids are stringing beads on a thin string (this is a stretchy material) in which it doesn't make sense to tie a knot at the end to keep the beads from falling off, use a piece of tape to hold the end down.


As the day unfolded we ended up going out to Hobby Lobby to get some more beads. My daughter was in heaven! She found seed beads and thought they were just great. She thought they were "shrunken" beads. After looking at small beads, and sparkly beads, and dark beads, and giant beads, and swirly beads, and shiny beads we picked out some that my son wanted to make a torch necklace out of.

We didn't actually have time to finish the torch (we had to run off to the eye doctor). But I'm sure he'll finish it before breakfast is over tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment