Monday, June 10, 2013

Summer 2013

Well, I didn't really post that much over the school year. My kids were both in school and had different schedules with their extra circulars, plus I went back to work full time. I've been hanging on by a thread... Barely.

Towards the end of the school year show and tell was no longer well thought out and matching the theme of the week, but instead whatever plastic gold we could dig out of the car seat cushions in the parking lot. Reading logs got looser and looser on what I'd let fly as counting, and towards the end I even let my son pack his own lunch and he went to school with chips and a cookie. Yes, chips and a cookie.

My first reaction is, "Thank goodness it's summer!!" But that joy is shortly followed by fear. It's hot. The kids have energy. I partially work from home. How is this going to work???? Here we go on round two of finding 104 days worth of activities for them.

Day one it was my husbands idea to take them go carting. Go Daddy, great idea! We found a place that was reasonably priced and the kids had a blast!!

No comments:

Post a Comment