Sunday, June 24, 2012

Park Tour

There's days we've gone to the park. There's days we've been to more than one park. But 3 parks in one day with the same group of friends? That was new!

Two of my mommy friends and I were husband-less for the day, so we decided to do a "park tour". The goal was this: try new parks we've never been to before, and keep us all occupied and close to good company. When I told my son what we were doing he was so excited! He thought that was the coolest idea ever!



We picked a new park none of us had been to before and met there at 10 in the morning. It had cool equipment, but everything was about a foot and a half too high off the ground, which made it difficult for the smaller kids to get down from slides. There was no shade over the equipment either, so the kids became extremely sweaty. We lasted about an hour before off we went to park #2!



Again, this was one none of us had been to before. It was completely shaded, which was great. About an hour after we got there tummies started rumbling. Food was definatley our next stop.



There was a shopping plaza with lots of food choices close to park #3. We grabbed some take out and ate it at a picnic table on top of the hill. This was a park I'd been to before, but the other two moms had not. It was a nice one to finish off with because it was fenced in, so we didn't have to worry about any wanderers. However, I thought it had more shade than it really did.

It was about 2:30pm when we left. Everyone was tired, happy, and quite pleased at accomplishing such a feat! Would I do this again? Yes, but I'll need some time to recover first. :)

2 comments:

  1. Maybe include a "treasure hunt" with clues as to what park is next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, I like that idea. My kids have been asking to do this one again, just with four parks! If I get the energy to do a four park day we'll add the treasure hunt too.

    ReplyDelete