Friday, July 20, 2012

Backyard Bounce House

Oh my goodness, yesterday was such a tiring day I fell asleep typing this!! (So it never got posted.) Here's yesterday's treasure:

I love hosting friendly gatherings at my home. I used to host several things every month: play dates for the kids, sewing groups for mommies, wine socials during a good TV show, or whatever else I could dream up as an excuse to be surrounded by loving friendly faces. But since downsizing a year ago we haven't had as much company over and I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss it. I decided that it was time to put the size of my place aside and invite some friends over.


The kids helped me clean up the leaves in the backyard to make room to roll out the bounce house. We got our bounce house about 3 or 4 years ago on a clearance sale at a local sporting goods store. I think this is the time of year to look for deals like that, as places are starting to get rid of summer stock and will lower original prices pretty far. I wasn't sure how often we'd use it when we bought it, but it has paid for itself many times over. Some "rice crispy" treats (actually made from a healthy cereal made by Kashi) and a pitcher of Arnold Palmer's later and we were set up for action.


The place was crawling with activity and laughter. The kids had so much fun jumping and screaming with their friends. Towards the end of the play date the kids started to get creative with the food. They called it "science" as they swirled drinks from one glass to another, mixing lemonade with V-8. Then they threw in some popcorn, some grapes, and drank it! It literally looked like puke. I'm not sure how all the parents were OK with this mess, but somehow we all were. Maybe it was just knowing that our child "isn't the only one" to do things like that. Maybe that's a good enough reason to do these get togethers more often again.

No comments:

Post a Comment