Thursday, July 19, 2012

Visor Pre-Made Kit

The morning started with a trip to the park. I love it when I'm organized enough to get to the park before the sun gets too high and too hot to enjoy being out and active. We went to one of my favorite ones that has lots of natural shade provided by a grove of beautiful trees. But seeing how we go to the park several days a week that wasn't our special activity for the day. I was low on ideas so we swung by Michael's craft store on the way home.


We found a great sale on pre-made craft projects. My son instantly fell in love with a kit to make foam visors, and everything else he saw was white noise after that. He couldn't wait for us to check and get home to get started. (That part wasn't totally good... I wanted to browse a little more than we did.)


The kids dove into the hats about 1.5 seconds after I unlocked the front door. My son got a little frustrated that the markers smudged on his hat, so I gave him some paint to cover it up But he didn't like that either so I had to wash it all off. He eventually came up with a design he liked (a baseball design on the underside). We have a few left over that we'll probably share with the friends we see in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment