Saturday, July 21, 2012

Painted Bird Houses

I think that paint in the craft drawers is just as much a staple in our house as food in the pantry. It just has to be there for when the urge strikes to paint something. That urge hit us today. I had to make a quick run out to Joanne Fabric store to buy a pattern I need for a project I'm trying to finish sewing before the weekend's over. I thought for sure the pattern would be the only thing I purchased (but I'm pretty sure my husband would laugh at that statement). And my husband would be right. First thing we saw when we walked in the door was a display of wooden bird houses that my son has been begging to get for months.


Today was the day I gave in and let them pick out their favorite house. It actually ended up being a good decision. It was so hot today, uncomfortably hot. We tried taking a walk around the neighborhood [me on foot, the kids on scooters] but I got overheated (and therefore cranky) and the kids faces were beet red. Going back home, turning the air conditioning on and sitting down made us all happy.


The kids painted and talked about the birds that are going to move into their houses. My daughter said that only girl birds can live in her house. And my son said that his is for a whole family of birds. As soon as the paint dried my son hung his up from the clothesline in the backyard. He then came inside and watched it closely, asking where the birds were. Why weren't they in the birdhouse yet? Time perspective is still something we're working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment