Thursday, July 5, 2012

Indoor Picnic

After last night's late fireworks (we got home at 11pm!) I was running low on energy today. Combine that with today's chilly weather and I just felt like just being warm and cozy. So when the kids asked to go on a picnic we did just that... in the living room.

We spread out a favorite blanket on the floor (while my son told the story of how Grandma made it for him), brought out every stuffed animal friend the kids own, and grabbed an assortment of goodies from the pantry. Then there was nothing else to do but sit down and enjoy being close to each other.

I gave my daughter hugs and took the time to appreciate how her cheek feels pressed up against my cheek. I took the time to stop and look at the shape of my son's eyes when he tells me things that are important to him. I took a snap shot of the moment and froze a picture of it in my mind, and froze the overwhelming feelings of love in my heart. I'm so thankful that I was blessed with such amazing people to call my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment